Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why I hate audiophiles, Part Deaux

A follow up to my previous rant. The person(s) depicted in this little tale are real. Please forgive the innocent for associating with a nut like me.



But at least they aren't as hopeless as this guy...................

I talked to a buddy's wife earlier today. (Yeah, I know........that surprises a lot of you that not only do I have "normal" friends, but that their wife would be brave enough to talk to me. Well, stranger things have be known to happen. But he is my only "normal" friend, if that is any consolation.)

Anyway.....they have a daughter in college. They went to visit her a while ago. When they got to her apartment, her roommates and some of their friends (guys and gals) were sitting around, doing whatever. A few more were in other places.

But not their daughter's boyfriend. Nope, not the world's biggest nerd.

Now..........you need some background. Since they are "normal" people, they are not used to dealing with nerds. In fact, I may be the only one that they ever have to deal with. So, they are at a loss as to how to deal with us nerds. They aren't real keen on this guy, because............well........he is a total nerd. I reassured them that mating accidents aren't likely to happen, so they aren't as nervous as they were. But they still don't know what to make of him.

OK........back to the story........

My buddy's wife goes to her daughter's bedroom, and there is "The Nerd".

All by himself.

At a computer.

Playing a stupid video game.

"Hi, what are you doing?"

"Playing a video game."


Ask a nerd an obvious question..........you get the obvious answer.



I guess that I have to give them another lesson in "How to Talk to a Nerd. Lesson #8: The Complete Loser."




Copyright © 2006, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment