Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting old is the pits.

Why is it that I can remember the Monty Python "Dead Parrot" sketch, but not where I put my keys?

Ditto for the Ren and Stimpy "Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen" song, but not where I put my wallet?

Likewise for "Billy the Mountain", in its entirety, but not what I had for lunch?

Or "Cheepnis" and "Cheepnis Preamble", but not it I even had lunch?

Or...........ah...........ah.............what was that thing I used to quote verbatim all the time at work and drove everyone crazy............ah............lemmee think............uh, uh.........the one that ran off every woman that I ever met............oh, crap...........what was it? I forget now.

Well, I'll think of what it was. Eventually. And repeat it here. Just to prove my point.

I don't get it. Getting old sucks.

Now, what was it that I was trying to prove?

No comments:

Post a Comment